Sign In:

Community Happenings
  • Published
    February 4, 2010

Snow dog Wagner is pet pick of the week

Our pet pick of the week is Wagner. Wagner is a happy-go-lucky 4-year-old male Chow Lab mix. This big, handsome fellow will make a great family dog. He gets along with cats and most dogs, preferring the ladies over the more dominant males. Wagner is a big, strong boy and could use some work on his leash manners but is manageable with a firm and patient hand. If you like to play in the snow then Wagner is the dog ...

• Published
    February 4, 2010

Islesboro news

Hello Islesboro! I would like to thank those of you who have contacted me regarding no island news column in the paper. I appreciate the support and hope that I can get news in here regularly to keep you informed about upcoming events and happenings on the island. I was not hibernating, although that is a welcome thought. I would like to remind everyone that the best means to get your event or news item in here ...

• Published
    February 4, 2010

Lincolnville news

Municipal meetings All meetings are held at Lincolnville Central School unless otherwise noted. The selectmen meet Monday, Feb. 8 at 6 p.m.; meeting televised on Channel 99. The selectmen also meet Tuesday and Wednesday, Feb. 9 and 10, at 6 p.m. The land use committee meets Wednesday, Feb. 10 at 6 p.m. followed by the planning board meeting at 7 p.m. Town office Note that Presidents Day is early this ...

• Published
    February 4, 2010

Hope news

Ladies Club Just a reminder, the Midcoast Ladies Club will meet Tuesday, Feb. 9 at the Camden First Aid Station at 10 a.m. Remember you are to bring items for the boxes that will be put together for people. The group will play beano with prizes furnished. Lunch at Subway will be $5 each. If you have questions, call Arleigh at 236-8691. Florance leaving Town Clerk Florance Merrifield called me last Wednesday ...

• Published
    February 4, 2010

Washington news

Spaghetti supper to benefit Noyes On Saturday, Feb. 6 from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m., a spaghetti supper will be held at Evening Star Grange Hall in Washington with the proceeds going toward the expenses of Sheldon Noyes' funeral. Sheldon Cedric Noyes died Dec. 30, just four days after his 42nd birthday. Sheldon was a true local who lived and worked in this area all his too short life. Most recently, Sheldon managed ...

• Published
    February 4, 2010

Rockport news

Town meetings Meetings are held at the town office unless otherwise noted. The RES East Redevelopment Committee will meet Thursday, Feb. 4 at 7 p.m. Citizens for Value In Education will also meet at 7 p.m. at the Rockport Opera House. The Select Board will meet Monday, Feb. 8 at the Rockport Opera House. The Ordinance Review Committee will meet Tuesdays at 7 a.m. (next meeting will be Feb. 9). The Conservation ...

• Published
    February 3, 2010

Betz offers health insights to community

Dr. Eric Betz, a local chiropractor, has been speaking to several area groups and businesses on health and wellness. The goal of the Betz Chiropractic & Wellness Community Awareness Program is to empower community members with the information they need to have the best possible health. "I love talking with people about health. There is something very satisfying about giving someone a nugget of useful information...

• Published
    February 3, 2010

Union Elementary School honor roll

Union Elementary School congratulated the following students for achieving honor roll status for the second quarter of the 2009-2010 academic year. High honors is all A's and honor roll is all A's and B's. Third-grade honor roll: Regan Crowe and Jillian Martz. Fourth-grade high honors: Acadia Calderwood, Somerset Ganz, Maddie LaFrance, Noah Munn, Abigail Nelson, Caleb Savage and Emily Wiley. Honor roll: Danny ...

• Published
    February 3, 2010

Spectrum Generations offers lunch-time education talk for caregivers

Spectrum Generations offers the Alternative Lunch Break for those looking for a unique way to spend the midday hour. On Monday, Feb. 22 at noon, Spectrum Generations will present Care Giving 101. The session will cover a broad range of topics and questions that caregivers face each day. A caregiver is defined as a family member, friend or neighbor who is an informal provider of care. Included in the caregiver ...

• Published
    February 3, 2010

Penobscot Bay Regional Chamber of Commerce plans annual awards dinner

The Penobscot Bay Regional Chamber of Commerce will host its annual dinner and awards ceremony Saturday, April 17 at the Samoset Resort in Rockport. There will be a full buffet dinner and reception. The annual business awards and Community Person of the Year presentations will take place after dinner. The reception will be from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., with dinner starting at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $55 per person. The ...

• Offers
  • Briefs
close x