Woman taken to hospital after Camden house fire

By Stephen Betts | Sep 10, 2018
Photo by: Stephen Betts Firefighters respond Monday morning, Sept. 10, to a fire at a house at 66 Park St., Camden.

Camden — A homeowner was taken to Pen Bay Medical Center Monday morning, Sept. 10, after her house was damaged by a fire.

The fire at the single-family house at 66 Park St. was reported shortly before 10:30 a.m., according to Camden Fire Chief Chris Farley. Smoke was visible coming out of a kitchen window and the back of the house when firefighters arrived.

The fire started in the stove and sink area of the kitchen, the chief said. An investigator from the Maine Fire Marshal's Office has been called in to assist in determining the cause of the fire.

The home is owned by Jodi Schiller, according to Camden assessment records.

The fire was contained to the one area of the kitchen, but there was smoke damage throughout the two-story home.

The crews were there for about an hour. Rockport, Hope and Lincolnville also assisted Camden.

Comments (1)
Posted by: David Leighton | Sep 10, 2018 12:41

Ain't that green hose cool........



If you wish to comment, please login.