UPDATED: Afternoon fire damages home

By Daniel Dunkle | Apr 25, 2019
Video by: Daniel Dunkle
Video by: CoolFireTrucks Jared, 12, runs a YouTube channel called CoolFireTrucks and took this video of the event.
Photo by: Daniel Dunkle Fire damaged a home at the corner of Molyneaux Road and Hosmer Pond Road Thursday, April 25.

Camden — Woody Proctor came home to the house he shares with his brother, Todd, Thursday afternoon, April 25, to find the right side of the house filled with smoke and giving off the sound of "snap, crackle, pop."

He said he wet his hat down so it would not catch on fire and attempted to throw water on the blaze.

"I hate calling 911, but I kind of had to," he said. "It was more than I could handle."

The structure fire was reported after 3 p.m. at 576 Molyneaux Road, at the corner with Hosmer Pond Road. Firefighters from Camden, Rockport, Hope, Lincolnville and Union responded.

Woody had gone out to get some wood and was returning. His brother was away from the house visiting friends.

Woody said they had two pet cats, and at least one managed to get out of the house safely.

Camden Firefighter Clint Beveridge said the cause of the fire was a candle that got tipped over in the area of an interior staircase, based on current information. He said the Fire Marshal's Office would investigate further Friday. Camden and Rockport firefighters arrived on the scene at the same time, he said, and saw that smoke was coming out of the second-floor windows. The fire was extinguished, and firefighters remained at the property until around 5 p.m., according to Beveridge.

 

 

Firefighters from several towns responded to a fire Thursday, April 25, on Molyneaux Road. (Photo by: Daniel Dunkle)
(Photo by: Daniel Dunkle)
(Photo by: Daniel Dunkle)
(Photo by: Daniel Dunkle)
Comments (7)
Posted by: Nina Reed | Apr 27, 2019 06:37

maybe the things in the yard was salvaged from the home. it dont matter what is in the yard, at least no one got hurt. patricia williams



Posted by: Jeff Sukeforth | Apr 26, 2019 18:07

Folks, really, shaming someone who just suffered a fire at their home? How nice, and yes although in Camden, the house is actually adjacent to the Snow Bowl, so really not a big deal to folks.

Thanks Richard for signaling the good on what occurred a response by several fire departments who kept the home from being completely destroyed.



Posted by: Patricia Weaver | Apr 26, 2019 16:23

Why can't people clean up their yards? They should be ashamed !!!

 



Posted by: Patricia Weaver | Apr 26, 2019 16:19

Why can't people clean up their yards? It's shameful!!!

 

 



Posted by: Richard McKusic, Sr. | Apr 26, 2019 13:18

Another great mutual aid response.



Posted by: Francis Mazzeo, Jr. | Apr 26, 2019 12:09

One would think such a mess would not be tolerated in Caamden.



Posted by: Marlene W Dodge | Apr 25, 2019 18:08

How could the fire department even get to the fire. That yard is discussing, shame on you.



If you wish to comment, please login.