State says insufficient evidence to prosecute man for Camden incident

Jul 13, 2018

Camden — Charges against a Lincolnville teen from a January incident in which barriers to propane tanks were knocked down and a fuel line broken outside a Camden business have been dropped.

The district attorney's office did not proceed with the prosecution against 19-year-old Nicholas Winter because of insufficient evidence, Assistant District Attorney Christopher Fernald said Friday, July 13.

Camden police charged Winter following the Jan. 23 incident behind Clean Bee Laundry. He had been charged by police with criminal mischief, leaving the scene of an accident, and unauthorized use of property for using a truck and plow without permission.

On the evening of Jan. 23, Clean Bee Laundry owner Ryan Lawrence said an employee alerted him around 7 p.m., saying there was loud banging and crashing going on in the parking lot, and it was going on for some time. He asked her to call police and the fire department. The employee was nervous about what was going on, Lawrence said, but managed to get the first four digits of the license plate on the vehicle.

Comments (0)
If you wish to comment, please login.