Space heater blamed for early morning blaze

By Beth A. Birmingham | Sep 10, 2019
Photo by: Beth A. Birmingham A man and his dog escaped without injury Sept. 8 when a house caught fire at 62 Maple St. in Warren.

Warren — The Warren Fire Department responded to a structure fire at 62 Maple St. just before 2:30 a.m. Sunday, Sept. 8.

According to Fire Chief Greg Andrews, the first arriving unit gave a report of fire and heavy smoke showing from the rear of the house, which backs up to Short Street.

Owner Kristian Starkweather and his dog both escaped without injury.

"The house is standing, but it is a total loss," Andrews said.

The fire was started in the kitchen area by a space heating appliance, he added.

Crews remained at the scene until 6 a.m.

Union and Waldoboro assisted with extinguishing the fire, and Warren Ambulance was also on scene.

(Photo by: Beth A. Birmingham)
Comments (0)
If you wish to comment, please login.