Oceanside High evacuated after propane smell

Oct 10, 2019
Source: File photo

Rockland — Oceanside High School was evacuated briefly Thursday morning, Oct. 10, after staff detected an odor of propane in the hallways near the cafeteria.

The Rockland Fire Department responded and quickly determined that there was no gas present in the building.

Apparently, during maintenance of kitchen equipment, some of the odorant used in propane gas was released.

Students and staff were returned to the building, and classes are continuing as usual.

The call came in around 9 a.m.

Comments (0)
If you wish to comment, please login.