Fire damages Friendship home

By Daniel Dunkle | Oct 18, 2019
Photo by: Daniel Dunkle Firefighters respond to a fire at a Friendship home.

Friendship — Firefighters from the Friendship area were able to douse a fire Friday morning that damaged a kitchen in a home that had recently been renovated.

The fire was reported at about 9:30 a.m. Oct. 18 at the home of Audra and Phillip Carlson at 27 Pine Cove Lane.

The house filled with smoke and Audra Carlson was able to get out safely. Their mixed-breed dog, Gronk, however, was still in the house. Her father, Terry Emerson, arrived and rescued the dog and attempted to put out the fire.

Crews from Friendship, Cushing, Warren and Waldoboro responded.

There was damage to the kitchen bar as well as smoke throughout the house.

The fire is believed to have started because of an electrical problem.

(Photo by: Daniel Dunkle)
Comments (0)
If you wish to comment, please login.