Electrical fire contained quickly at Cushing trailer

By Beth A. Birmingham | Nov 28, 2018
Photo by: Beth A. Birmingham The trailer at 623 Cushing Road in Cushing is shown the morning after an electrical fire caused a mutual-aid response Nov. 27.

Cushing — Emergency crews from four area towns responded to a possible structure fire in a trailer at 623 Cushing Road just after 5 p.m. Nov. 27.

According to Fire Chief Arthur Kiskila, an outside electrical box had been disconnected without the wires' being secured, which caused the fire.

Kiskila said the trailer, owned by Philip Young Sr., had filled with smoke and flames had started to spread through the outside wall. Some carpeting had to be removed, he said.

No one was injured in the incident.

Crews from Friendship, Warren and Thomaston assisted Cushing in the mutual-aid call, and remained on scene for approximately an hour.

Courier Publications reporter Beth A. Birmingham can be reached at 594-4401 ext. 125 or via email at bbirmingham@villagesoup.com.

Comments (0)
If you wish to comment, please login.