6 Ways to Promote Your Business in Your Community HTML view Note

By Jennifer Noble | Jul 13, 2018

Before a business can spread its wings to international borders, it must be able to plant itself firmly within its local community. Having the loyalty and support of your local community can give you a much higher chance of success over time. Without further ado, here are six ways to promote your business within your local community.


Use Web Directories


Gone are the days of big, bulky yellow pages landing on your doorstep. Today, directories are digital and come in the form of Google, Yahoo, Bing, and other search engines that specifically cater to businesses. Your business can pop up in local search results if you apply to have your company listed in these web directories. To get started with business promotions via online directories, search for free listings in prominent directories online. Make sure that all business information listed on every directory is identical to maximize visibility.


Accumulate Online Reviews


Word of mouth is no longer just passed on from face-to-face conversations; nowadays, it's digital too. People are expressing their satisfaction or dissatisfaction about businesses online by writing reviews, most of which are highly detailed and taken as extremely crucial information by readers. Use online reviews to your business' advantage by encouraging satisfied customers to leave a review of their shopping experience on review sites and directories. Although testimonials are quite standard in business websites, positive reviews can have a much greater impact on your brand. Local residents and potential customers often prioritize third-party reviews on other sites instead of the seemingly biased and bland testimonials on your business' site.


Join Social Media


Social media is an integral source of media attention. Whatever people do, it's on their social media accounts, whether it's eating or traveling. You can reach a lot of your local audience by creating an account on each social media platform out there, from Facebook to LinkedIn. Being the largest social networking site to date, Facebook is a must on your marketing portfolio. Of course, you'll want your marketing efforts to focus on the local scope of things, such as setting up a page that includes the local neighborhood's name, adding people who have a local address listed, and creating engaging and geographically-relevant content including local festivals and tourist hotspots.


Don't Underestimate Traditional Marketing Methods


The old school ways of marketing your business haven't completely died out. They remain a valuable part of any marketing plan. In fact, according to Carlos De Santos, the president of Catdi Printing, more and more people are reaching out to them for their products and services every day, many of which are looking for creative business cards, direct mail postcards, and flyers. Devote 70 percent of your resources towards digital marketing while leaving at least 30 percent for traditional marketing channels.


Get Involved With Charity Work


There is perhaps no easier way to get on the good side of your local community than by offering your business' resources for charitable contributions and volunteer work. Give back to the community by volunteering your manpower to feeding the poor, planting trees, or cleaning up the streets. Aside from charity work, you can also stir up local interest in your brand by hosting contests and events, like family picnics and marathons.


Talk to People


Promoting your business is all about talking to people. The more people you talk to, the more chances of getting your brand out there. Think of it as a multi-level marketing scheme but without the shady mechanics that eventually collapse and leave everyone broke. Talking to one person in your local community today can encourage him/her to talk to friends, family members, and coworkers. The people that that first person talked to could also spread the word to their circle of friends and family. Before you know it, you have dozens of people talking about your brand without you even needing to spend any money.


Final Thoughts


Promoting your business within the local community is one half of the battle; the other half is maintaining your brand's integrity and reputation. Remember, it takes only one slip-up for your business to lose years worth of building a positive reputation and relationships with the community.


 

Comments (0)
If you wish to comment, please login.