ROCKLAND — Firefighters responded Monday morning to report of smoke in a house.

The call came in shortly before 11 a.m., Jan. 2, to 90 Talbot Ave. The initial report was that someone had left something on the stove.

The tenant at 90 Talbot left a hot pan on the stove and forgot it was there. The pan was so hot it began to fail, and smoldered and broke, causing some smoldering fire on the kitchen floor. The apartment was filled with smoke but crews on scene reported the fire was out, Fire Chief Chris Whytock said.

Crews brought in a large fan to remove the smoke from the residence, and checked to make sure it no fire had spread.

A firefighter carries a fan into the building. Photo by Stephen Betts