WARREN — A malfunctioning clothes dryer was listed as the cause of a fire Saturday evening, Oct. 1 at a home in Warren.

The fire was called in at about 8 p.m. at a house at 257 Starks Road.

Fire Chief Gregory Andrews said the fire was caused by a malfunction in the clothes dryer.

The damage was contained to the laundry room and exterior wall of the room. There were no injuries.

Warren, Waldoboro and Union fire departments responded but Union and Waldoboro were cancelled and returned to their station once it was determined the fire was under control. Warren crews were on scene for approximately an hour, the chief said.