ROCKLAND  — Bail was set Friday at $2,500 cash for a Rockland woman charged for the second time within a year of driving drunk — the first time with her child in the car and the second time when picking her child up at school.

A hearing was held Sept. 23 in the Knox County court for 38-year-old Ashley R. Bonneau at the request of her attorney Roger Brunelle.

Bonneau had been held without bail on a request by the district attorney’s office to revoke her bail from the original December 2021 case.

Deputy District Attorney Christopher Fernald had asked the court to continue to hold her without bail, saying she posed a significant public safety risk. Her attorney asked for her to be released on bail, saying she needed to be released to operate the inn that she owns.

Bonneau was arrested in December 2021 for operating under the influence, endangering the welfare of a child, failing to stop for an officer, assault, and refusing to submit to arrest. Her blood alcohol level at that time was 0.35, according to the prosecutor. A person is considered under the influence if the level is 0.08.

In August, she agreed to a deferred disposition to settle the case. Those conditions included that she enter into a contract with Maine Pretrial Services, and operate a vehicle only with an interlock device. The device prevents the car from starting if the driver has consumed alcohol.

The prosecutor pointed out that police were called on Sept. 16 to a Rockland bank where employees suspected Bonneau was impaired. The officer did not detect impairment but warned the woman about driving a vehicle without an interlock device.

Then on Sept. 19, she was arrested for aggravated operating under the influence, operating a vehicle without an ignition interlock device, and violation of a condition of release.

An affidavit filed by police reported that Bonneau arrived at her child’s school and struck another vehicle. The staff at the school said she was intoxicated or impaired and took her keys. Police were called and arrived and determined she was under the influence.

She was initially held without bail pending her court hearing. Fernald pointed out at the Sept. 23 hearing that she has failed to use the interlock device on two occasions and failed to enter into the Maine Pretrial Services contract.