WALDOBORO — No one was injured, but a house was heavily damaged after fire spread from a wood-fired boiler Thursday, Feb. 3 in Waldoboro.

The fire was reported at about 11:30 a.m. at 19 Hoak Rd.

Firefighters from Waldoboro, Damariscotta, Friendship, Warren, Bristol, Bremen, Jefferson, Washington and Union responded.

Waldoboro Fire Chief Paul Smeltzer said they received a call there was a fire in the furnace room.

When they arrived on the scene, Chief Smeltzer said there was heavy fire all around the furnace.

Chief Smeltzer said this was a particular challenge because the house was, “extremely full of personal possessions.”

Those present attacked the fire with extinguishers while waiting for the truck, Chief Smeltzer said.

The fire started on the first floor around a wood-fired boiler and ascended to the third floor of the building.

A house on Hoak Road in Waldoboro is severely damaged by fire Feb. 3. Photo by Christine Simmonds

Further fire damage to the house on Hoak Road in Waldoboro Feb. 3. Photo by Christine Simmonds