WARREN — A fire pit left unattended next to a house was determined as the cause of a fire that severely damaged a home off Route 90 in Warren Sunday afternoon, Jan. 23.

Firefighters from around the region responded.

The call came in to public safety shortly after 1 p.m.

The home is owned by Leland Boggs of Boggs Mobile Homes. The house was being rented to tenants.

Warren Fire Chief Greg Andrews confirmed Jan. 27 the cause of the fire.

The house is located on the east side of Route 90 near the townline with Rockland. Crews from Warren, Union, Rockport and Waldoboro responded. The Knox County Sheriff’s Office handled traffic control.

The house was down a driveway that was extremely icy with multiple firefighters falling as they carried gear. There were no reports of injuries.

The Maine Fire Marshal’s Office assisted in the investigation.

A bedroom in the back corner of the house received the most damage from the fire.

Stephen Betts

Stephen Betts