Sgt. Joel Davis of the state Fire Marshal's Office said Tuesday a fire that claimed a home on Mother's Day was caused by an accidental electrical malfunction in a bedroom. The investigation is complete, he said.

Lincolnville Fire Chief Don "Donny" Fullington III said the house, a double-wide mobile home, was a total loss. "They've lost all their possessions … there was a lot of heat throughout the building," he said. The family living there — a man and a woman and two children — is staying with relatives in the area, he said, adding that the name of the women was Natasha Norwood. No one was home at the time of the fire, he said.

Several towns responded to the fire near the corner of Greenacre and Pit roads just after 10 a.m. Sunday, May 10. The occupants were not home at the time, and no injuries were reported.

Fullington said a neighbor called in the fire after smelling smoke. He said it was difficult to tell the nature of room where the blaze started, because of the extent of the damage. The room, at the left end of the house as viewed from the street, was badly burned and had a hole burned through the roof. Fullington said there was heavy smoke damage throughout the one-story building.

He said in addition to Lincolnville, fire departments from Camden and Northport responded automatically, and he also called out Searsmont for mutual aid. North East Mobile Health was also on scene.

Norwood has started a GoFundMe page, where she asks for not only cash donations, but any in-kind items people are able to donate.

If you appreciated reading this news story and want to support local journalism, consider subscribing today. Call 207-594-4401 or join online at https://knox.villagesoup.com/join/. Donate directly to keeping quality journalism alive at knox.villagesoup.com/donate or waldo.villagesoup.com/donate.