The number of active confirmed cases of Mainers with COVID-19 rose to 341 on Saturday.

The Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention website reported Saturday, April 11 there were 616 confirmed cases since the outbreak began last month. The number of people who have recovered rose to 256.

The number of deaths statewide rose again, reaching 19 as of Saturday.

Dr. Nirav Shah, director of the Maine CDC, said Friday that 22 cases of COVID-19 have been diagnosed at the Tall Pines long term care facility in Belfast. Two residents have died in the past few days at the Belfast facility.

All residents of the center have been tested. The state has provided sufficient personal protective devices to Tall Pines for three days and the state is working on getting enough protection equipment for the next several weeks.

The Waldo County active confirmed cases increased again on Saturday to 24.

The number of active diagnosed cases in Knox County remained at six on Saturday — 10 cases since the outbreak began and four recovered.

There have been many people reporting they have not been able to get tested, as testing has been limited, so the number of cases could be greater. Shah said, however, that if a person's physician calls for a test, it will be done.

Shah also for the first time reported on Thursday that 17 people from outside Maine but who were diagnosed with the new virus while in Maine. There are also 13 Maine residents who were diagnosed outside the state.

The number of people hospitalized statewide at some point during the start of the outbreak is rose to 114, up three from Friday and nine since Thursday.

Shah has repeatedly recommended people to live their lives as though COVID-19 was in their community by adhering to physical distancing and washing hands.

The CDC director said the public has largely been adhering to physical distancing, citing a dramatic decline in traffic on highways. Traffic on the interstate has declined by more than 50% and on rural roads estimated at 30%, he said.

The CDC director said there is no backlog of tests at the CDC testing facility. The director said that emergency orders could be lifted and a resumption to relative normalcy will occur when there has been a prolonged period when there are no new cases.

The director said a decision on testing is up to individual physicians. He said there have been 11,608 people who have tested negative for the virus in Maine as of Thursday.

Lincoln County active confirmed cases remain at three — nine cases and six recovered.

Cumberland County accounts for the majority of the cases with 284 since the outbreak began. There are currently 139 active cases in Cumberland County.virus. Twelve Cumberland County residents have died from the new virus.

Piscataquis County remains the only county without a confirmed case.

Gov. Mills has ordered people to remain at home other than specific exceptions such as traveling to essential jobs or for essential shopping or appointments. Lodging businesses were ordered to shut down as of April 5.