A cooking fire spread rapidly Sunday afternoon, March 10, damaging the house at 45 Highland St.

There were no injuries.

Resident Gordon Baxter said he was cooking bacon on the stove and went into another room briefly and when he returned, there was a fire spreading up to the hood of the stove.

The fire was reported at about 1:30 p.m.

Smoke was pouring out of the eaves on both ends of the 1,200-square-foot ranch.

Crews had the fire extinguished by 2 p.m.

The house is owned by Jay Leech and  Becca Swan of Hope, according to city assessment records.