A 32-year-old Rockland man is at the Knox County Jail charged with stabbing two people at a Knox Street apartment Dec. 6.

George Gilmore was arrested the day of the incident and charged with Class A elevated aggravated assault and Class B aggravated assault, according to Rockland Deputy Police Chief Chris Young.

He is being held without bail. He is likely to have an initial appearance in Rockland Unified Court Friday, Dec. 8.

Rockland police received a call at noon about a stabbing at an apartment in the Knox Apartments on Knox Street.

A 33-year-old man suffered serious stab wounds to his neck and back. He was taken to Pen Bay Medical Center in Rockport and was then flown by a LifeFlight helicopter to Maine Medical Center in Portland.

A female, 28, had mostly superficial wounds, including being stabbed in her forearm. She was treated at Pen Bay and released, according to police.

Officers responded and received a description of the suspect, who was then found inside a bathroom at Dunkin' Donuts at the intersection of Main and North Main streets. Witnesses said the man had blood on him.

Police evacuated the employees and customers in the business before entering the bathroom and handcuffing the man. Clothing was found inside the bathroom.

The man was then taken by police to a Thomaston ambulance in the store parking lot and then to Pen Bay Medical Center before being taken to the jail in Rockland. Thomaston is backing up Rockland because its ambulances are at the Knox Street scene.

No motive has been revealed, but Young said that Gilmore and the two stabbing victims were among four adults who lived in the apartment where the attack occurred. Gilmore moved to Rockland from Bridgeport, Conn., five months ago.

The Maine State Police Major Crimes Unit, the Knox County Sheriff's Office, Rockport police, and Belfast police with its K-9 unit, worked together on the case. The canine was brought in to try to locate the knife used in the attack, the deputy police chief said. The weapon has yet to be found.

The Dunkin' Donuts was closed as officers and technicians from the state police division gathered evidence at the store. The team was also at the Knox Street scene.

Names of the victims have not been released.