Tickets are now on sale for Union Historical Society’s annual Come Spring Bus Tour on Union Founders’ Day, Saturday, July 15.

The bus departs at 9:30 a.m. from the Old Town House, 128 Town House Road, rain or shine. Tickets for the narrated two-and-a-half-hour tour are $12 per person. The tour follows the George’s River Scenic Byway and identifies sites where Union’s early settlers built cabins in the late 1700s. The names of the settlers are documented in town records, and their stories are recounted by Ben Ames Williams in his 1940 historical novel “Come Spring.”

Included in the tour are dismount stops at four historic sites, of which three are located on private property not open to the public at other times. After visiting settlers' gravesites in the Common Cemetery on Ayer Hill, the tour stops at the cellar hole of the cabin where Philip Robbins’ large family spent a crowded winter in 1776, and then at the homestead of Philip’s oldest son, David. After a circuit over the wild blueberry fields of Clarry Hill, tour participants visit the site of the “Royal Mess,” the bachelor home of Jason Ware, Joel Adams and Matthias Hawes, overlooking the hillside where Adams and his wife, Mima Robbins, built their home.

To purchase Come Spring Bus Tour tickets, call Mary Thompson at 385-4611 and leave a message. A reservation is confirmed when payment is received.