The Waldoborough Historical Society Museum will open for the season during the annual Waldoboro Day celebration Saturday, June 21. Local author Mark Biscoe will be available to sign “Merchant of the Medomak Vol. II” from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.; and the Barn and Schoolhouse will be open from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.

The Trustees have announced that copies of Randy Gross’ “Cemetery Books,” now on a CD, are available in the Barn along with many books on Waldoboro history, the 2013 Waldoboro Fire History, engine mugs and T-shirts. A re-issue of the Caroline J. Totman notecards, originally created in 1976 for the Society, also will be available. The eight notes depict four local historical sites; envelopes are included.

The public is invited to the museum, 1164 Main St./Route 220, throughout the summer Wednesdays through Mondays from noon to 3 p.m. Admission is free.

Courier Publications’ A&E Editor Dagney C. Ernest can be reached at (207) 594-4401, ext. 115; or