There is a fresh and fair breeze flowing through the East Wind Inn, an historic 1860s building on the working waterfront in Tenants Harbor.

Last year, Randy Deutsch, a long-term summer resident of the town, followed his dream and purchased the inn. This month, after extensive renovations and restorations, the inn and restaurant have re-opened.

The original building was erected in 1860 as a sail loft, Masonic Lodge, general store and tin shop; in 1920 it was converted to an inn and named Wan-e-Set. After three dozen years of operation the Wan-e-Set closed for 20 years and the inn’s lights were dark. After renovations in 1976, the newly christened East Wind Inn opened, later adding a second historic building to the property that would provide additional rooms. For the next 35 years the East Wind Inn welcomed travelers and local residents to the dining room and guest rooms. In late 2012, Deutsch purchased the property consisting of three buildings (one building’s use has not been determined as of this writing) and 1.5 acres of splendid waterfront property.

The inn has eight rooms with baths. The restaurant, tavern, reception and living room are located within the Inn building. The Meeting House, steps away from the Inn, has an additional 9 rooms with baths. All have harbor views.

For more information, call 372-6366 or email info@eastwindinn.com.