Waldoboro Fire Department was called to a structure fire March 6 at 1792 Finntown Road.

According to Waldoboro Fire Chief Paul Smeltzer, improper disposal of ashes was the cause. Ashes were set outside in a pail, and the wind blew some of the debris up under the shingle siding near the front door of the home.

The fire got into the walls between the outside and the kitchen. Minimal damage was reported, and there were no injuries.

The home is owned by Eberhard and Renate Luethke.

The call came in at 2:37 p.m. and firefighters cleared the area at 4:29 p.m. Friendship Fire Department was on the scene to assist.

Courier Publications reporter Beth A. Birmingham can be reached at 594-4401 ext. 125 or by email at bbirmingham@courierpublicationsllc.com.