Tickets go on sale June 20 for the annual Come Spring Bus Tour, sponsored by Union Historical Society, which takes place on Founders Day, Saturday July 16. This popular narrated two-hour bus tour departs from Union Common at 9:30 a.m. and follows the Georges River Scenic Byway, identifying sites where Union’s early settlers built cabins and lived.

The names of the settlers are documented in town records and their lives and stories are recounted by Ben Ames Williams in his 1940 historical novel “Come Spring,” reprinted by the historical society.

Included in the tour are dismount stops at five historic sites, of which four are located on private property and are not open to the public at other times. After visiting settlers’ grave sites in the Common Cemetery on Ayer Hill, the tour will stop at the cellar hole of the cabin where Philip Robbins’ large family spent a crowded winter in 1776, and then at the homestead of Robbins’ oldest son, David. After a circuit over the blueberry barrens of Clarry Hill, tour participants visit the site of the “Royal Mess,” the bachelor home of Jason Ware, Joel Adams and Matthias Hawes, overlooking the hillside where Adams and his wife, Mima Robbins, built their home. Finally the tour visits the Alden Store on Common Road, built close to his home by Ebenezer Alden in 1797 and run by the Alden family for 100 years.

Come Spring Bus Tour tickets, priced at $10, may be purchased in advance at the Robbins House, headquarters of Union Historical Society, on Wednesday and Saturday mornings, or by calling 785-5444 and leaving a message.