Traffic was held up in the center of Camden on Friday afternoon, May 20 after smoke began billowing out of a 1990 Jaguar XJ6 that was parked in front of the Colony at 15 Main St.

Camden Fire Chief Chris Farley said the fire that filled the passenger compartment with acrid smoke probably began in the fuse box.

The fire, extinguished by water and chemical agents, was contained to the engine compartment.

The Herald Gazette reporter Shlomit Auciello can be reached at 236-8511 or by email at sauciello@villagesoup.com.