The Thomaston Fire Department responded to a grease fire May 3 at Pik-Qwik on Main Street.

No one was injured and there was no damage, according to Fire Chief Michael Leo.

The fire was reported at about 2 p.m. after a buildup of grease on a stove ignited. Firefighters were able to put out the blaze with an extinguisher before it spread to other parts of the building.

Staff and customers were standing outside the building during the effort to avoid the smoke.

Residents driving along Route 1 on May 2 may have noticed firefighters at the scene of a small grass fire by Montpelier.

That fire was a controlled burn, according to Leo.