Lightning struck a radio antenna on a home on Hart Road in Warren Aug. 10, setting a fire in the basement.

No one was injured at the home, which is owned by Luther Yonce. He and his family were at home when lightning struck, according to Fire Chief Ed Grinnell Jr.

The family had several pets including about three cats and one dog. One cat was reported missing at the time of the fire, but the others got out safely, the fire chief said.

The fire was reported at about 7:30 p.m. About 22 firefighters from Warren responded to the scene and there was an automatic mutual aid response from the Waldoboro and Union fire departments.

The fire was contained in the cellar where it did extensive damage not only to the building but also to the equipment and belongings Yonce had stored there, according to Grinnell.

The ground floor and upper floor of the home suffered extensive smoke damage, according to the fire chief.

Firefighters remained at the scene until about 10:30 p.m.