An O’Hara company has purchased the former Bonnar Vawter building on New County Road, two weeks after the Rockland City Council gave final approval to zone changes for that parcel and adjoining ones.

Bebo LLC of 120 Tillson Ave. in Rockland purchased the property Feb. 19 from Restoration Associates II of Newton, Mass., according to a deed filed with the Knox County Registry of Deeds.

Bebo’s manager is Francis J. O’Hara Jr., according to a statement filed with the corporations bureau of the Maine Department of the Secretary of State.

City officials acknowledged a few months ago that they have had discussions with potential developers interested in locating on New County Road but have not identified those parties at the developers’ requests.

The ordinance amendment given final approval Feb. 10 by the council will allow manufacturing on parcels that front New County Road. Interior boat storage and repair will also be allowed on the New County Road parcels.

There are two commercial properties that abut each other on New County Road, including the former Bonnar Vawter property. That property at 20 New County Road consists of nearly five acres and a 57,000-square-foot building, city assessment records show. Adjacent to that property are five acres with a nearly 60,000-square-foot building owned by Lewis Family Properties Partnership Ltd. That property had housed Lewis Marine.

Bonnar Vawter was a printing company that operated at the site for decades until about 1980. The building was built in 1955, according to city assessment records. The building has been largely unused other than for storage during the past 30 years but has been the object of potential developments over the years, none of which have materialized.

Manufacturing will be allowed through a conditional use process. That process requires a review by the Rockland Planning Board. The zone change also will allow craftsman’s offices and health and fitness facilities in Commercial 1 zones.