For three weeks, beginning Sunday, Feb. 21, the Episcopal Church of St. John Baptist in Thomaston will be using older forms of worship.

The first week they will use the liturgy that was in use when the parish was founded in 1867. It was the Episcopal Prayer book that was released in 1789.

On Sunday, Feb. 28 they will use the 1890 revision of the Prayer Book.

On Sunday, March 7 they will use the Prayer Book that was revised in 1928. Along with the historical liturgies there will be hymns selected from these various periods as well.

As revisions and changes are made in styles of living together, this experiment is a way of looking back at how things were, and how things have changed.

All are welcome at these services, as they are open to the public. St. John’s is located on the corner of Main and Green streets in Thomaston. These trial services will be for the 10 a.m. service only.