By Catherine Cooper | Dec 26, 2012
The definition of a curtain from the Free online dictionary, Encyclopedia Britannica online and Webster dictionary online :
1. Material that hangs in a window or other opening as a decoration, shade, or screen.
2. Something that functions as or resembles a screen, cover, or barrier: the curtain of mist before the mountain; a heavy curtain of artillery fire.
a. The movable screen or drape in a theater or hall that separates the stage from the auditorium or that serves as a backdrop.
b. The rising or opening of a theater curtain at the beginning of a performance or act.
c. The time at which a theatrical performance begins or is scheduled to begin.
d. The fall or closing of a theater curtain at the end of a performance or act.
e. The concluding line, speech, or scene of a play or act.
4. The part of a rampart or parapet connecting two bastions or gates.
5. Architecture A curtain wall.
6. curtains Slang
a. The end.
b. Absolute ruin: “If the employee doesn’t shape up, it’s curtains” (Business Week).
tr.v. cur·tained, cur·tain·ing, cur·tains
1. To provide (something) with or as if with a curtain.
2. To shut off (something) with or as if with a curtain.
If this answers your window treatment needs, call Karen at Midcoast Blinds and Shades.
If this doesn’t answer your window treatment needs, call Karen at Midcoast Blinds and Shades and we can find something that works for you!