What if it rains on the 4th?
Camden & Thomaston — We here at the Chamber offices in Camden and Rockland know (not least from our phone logs) that one or two of you have looked at the weather forecast for the 4th of July and are wondering about the fireworks displays in Thomaston and Camden. Unless bad weather during the day makes a need for a postponement crushingly obvious, here's the straight skinny about tomorrow:
Thomaston: there will be a decision based on weather conditions around the scheduled 9pm start time.
Camden: there will be a decision made at 5pm whether to proceed or postpone based on weather conditions and forecast at that time. The decision is earlier than in Thomaston as several day tour boats offer fireworks excursions and we'd like to give them the option to reschedule their trips in good time rather than leave the docks and be disappointed.
For both communities the rain date is 9pm on Thursday, July 5.
For updates check in tomorrow on www.penbaychamber.com