Warren battles late night fire
Warren — A riding lawnmower is believed to be the culprit in a late night structure fire in Warren May 11.
Frank Collemer, homeowner at 292 South Shore Drive, had used the mower earlier in the afternoon before parking it in a storage shed, according the Fire Chief Ed Grinnell.
"There was no power to the shed," said Grinnell, who believes the mower somehow sparked the blaze. The fire was called in at 11:30 p.m.
Personnel from Warren Fire Department were on the scene for approximately an hour, according to Grinnell.
594-4401 ext. 125
Beth rejoined Courier Publications' news staff in February 2013. She previously worked at The Courier-Gazette from 1981 to 1990.
Her coverage area includes Warren, Union, Friendship, Waldoboro, Washington, and Thomaston and RSU40.
Beth has a passion for photography, and a degree from the University of Maine at Augusta, in affiliation with the Maine Photographic Workshop in Rockport.
Aside from photography, Beth enjoys running and walks along the waterfront, as well as other outdoor activities. She has a daughter, Claire, who is 15.
Recent Stories by Beth Birmingham
May 26, 2016
May 25, 2016
May 24, 2016
May 23, 2016
May 22, 2016