Video Insights: Stepping Out and Playing With Video
Even though I am a filmmaker, I am still amazed sometimes at how easy it is now for anyone to make and use videos to promote themselves, their product or their business. These statistics below support the idea that maybe you and your company might want to think about stepping out and playing a little more with moving images as a way of telling your story, your companies story, or selling your product in a more efficient way.
As of November, 2012, these following statistics were released by multiple web analytic companies:
- In the US, 183 million people watched more than 37 billion online content videos during September 2012 according to comScore.
- A MarketingSherpa case study found video email doubled click through rates for one B2B company.
- Eloqua found 51% of the online searches for their video tutorials were a result of direct searches within YouTube, compared to 1% from external Google searches.
- Forrester reports Ninety Percent Of The Online Population Will Regularly Watch Video By 2017.
- According to Toprank 70% of B2B content marketers use online videos.
- The mobile video audience has gained 15 million viewers in the last two years, a 77% increase via Business Insider.
- eMarketer predicts there will be 73.3 million mobile video viewers during 2013, up 20% from 2012
The first step in wandering into the video production arena, is the initial step: investigating and understanding that videos are potent and meaningful for you and your company: spreading to potential customers both your brand identity and who you are as a company. The second step is learning what makes a good video.
About Dream Local Digital:
Dream Local Digital, LTD: is a digital marketing agency serving small-medium sized business and non-profit clients nationwide providing social media and online marketing services founded by Shannon Kinney. Since their inception in 2009, the goal has been to help these businesses succeed in their online and Social Media marketing efforts and help save them time while they run their business. The company has been recognized by the Penobscot Bay Regional Chamber of Commerce with their Innovation in Business Award, and has offices in Rockland and Bangor Maine, and nationwide through partnerships with media companies, entrepreneurs, and advertising agencies. For more information on Dream Local Digital, visit our website, Facebook, and blog. If you are interested in having Shannon speak to your group, email email@example.com