Two names added to list of 'johns' in dance studio prostitution case
Kennebunk — The Kennebunk Police have added two more names to the list involved in the Mark Strong Sr. and Alexis Wright prostitution case.
The two names bring the list total to 64, so far.
Kennebunk Police charged Jay P. Sanborn, 46, of Springvale and Ricky J. Dewitt, 49, of Lyman, with engaging a prostitute. They are due in Biddeford District Court Feb. 20, 2013.
For more than two months, the Kennebunk police have released names in the growing list of men charged in engaging a prostitute in the continuing case with Alexis Wright, 29, of Wells, alleged to have used her Pura Vida Studio in Kennebunk as a front for a prostitution business.
Wright has pleaded not guilty to 106 counts, including promotion of prostitution, engaging in prostitution, invasion of privacy, conspiracy, tax evasion and receiving welfare benefits when ineligible.
Her co-defendant and business partner in the case, Mark Strong Sr., 57, of Thomaston, was indicted on 59 charges of promotion of prostitution, violation of privacy, and conspiracy. He has pleaded not guilty.
Kennebunk Police Lt. Tony Bean Burpee in releasing the two names Friday, Dec. 7, said there were only two names this week because suspects are hiring lawyers and canceling previously scheduled interviews with investigators.
Many attorneys have indicated they plan to speak with York County Deputy District Attorney Justina McGettigan, who is handling the prosecution of these cases, prior to making a final decision on how best to proceed with cases against their clients, Burpee said.
“This may include the process of pleading ‘guilty by information’ directly with McGettigan" and eliminating the need for a summons, he said.
The next scheduled police blotter release is scheduled for Friday, Dec. 21.
Courier Publications reporter George Chappell may be reached by phone at 207-594-4401, ext. 117, or by email at email@example.com.