Two-car fire in Thomaston caused by spark
Thomaston — A two-car fire at 318 West Meadow Road in Thomaston on Thursday, Aug. 9 was caused by a spark from a cutting torch, according to the Thomaston Police Department.
The fire occurred at the residence of David Hillgrove, who is renting the property.
The cars were being cut up for scrap metal when a spark from the torch ignited a fire in one car that spread to another vehicle.
The fire was not called in. Thomaston Police Chief Kevin Haj saw black smoke on the horizon while on Thomaston Street and went to investigate the situation. The fire was extinguished at approximately 12:30 p.m. and no injuries were reported.
The Thomaston Fire Department and Emergency Medical Services responded to the scene.