Traveling for the holidays?
According to the FBI, a burglary occurs in the United States every 14.4 seconds. During this season of holiday-related travel, it is important to secure your home while you're gone.
Here are some tips to reduce your chances of a home invasion:
1. Ask people your can trust that you are leaving for the holidays and ask them to keep an eye on your home.
2. Don't announce where you're going on Facebook and Twitter!
3. Make your home look "lived-in" by setting your outside lights so at least one stays on at night and put your inside lights on timers so that they turn on and off.
4. Hide items that usually remain outdoors, like your grill or patio furniture.
5. Use good-quality locks and don't hide a spare key outside.
6. If you have a car parked outside,don't leave a garage door opener in it.
Get more information on protecting your home from theft by calling J. Edward Knight & Co.
Find out why J. Edward Knight & Co. has one of the most outstanding reputations!
The phone numbers for our Rockland office are:
Tel: (207)-594-8823 | Toll Free: (888)-594-8823
Like us on Facebook!