Thomaston special town meeting set for Sept. 11
Thomaston — Thomaston will hold a special town meeting Tuesday, Sept. 11 at 7 p.m. at Watts Hall located at 246 Main St. Residents will vote on the sale of subdivision lots at the Thomaston Green and whether to accept a grant to purchase land in town for conservation.
The Thomaston Select Board on Aug. 27 approved the following warrant articles. Residents will vote Sept. 11:
1. Whether to refinance the 2003 Fire Apparatus Loan to reduce the interest rate from 4.65 percent to 3 percent and shorten the remaining term of 11 years to five years. The estimated savings of refinancing totals $59,000.
2. Whether to authorize the select board to sell the six subdivision lots created at Thomaston Green that are currently being appraised.
3. Whether to authorize the select board to construct a road into Thomaston Green and expend the voter-approved bond from the Downtown Tax Increment Financing district to fund same.
4. Whether to authorize the select board to accept a $71,000 grant from the Maine Natural Resource Conservation Program and authorize the purchase of 133 acres of land adjacent to the pollution control spray fields for a total of $150,000.
5. Whether to authorize the select board to accept a $150,000 block grant from the Department of Economic and Community Development for business block facade and streetscape program improvement.