Thomaston school evacuated for smoke in building, no damage
Thomaston — At dismissal time Oct. 31, Thomaston Grammar School was evacuated due to smoke in the building, according to a news release from RSU 13.
911 was called and evacuation procedures were followed. The incident occurred just as school was being dismissed, so the buses were already on location and all students and staff were safely evacuated, according to the news release.
A motor in the school's air exchange system overheated and there is no damage to the school. The motor is in the process of being replaced and there should be no disruption of school on Nov. 1.
Scott Hall, Scott Vaitones and Susan Stilwell responded to the school to assist in supervising the situation.