The leading factor contributing to heating equipment fires was...
... Failure to clean. As Fire Prevention Week continues, the NFPA provides some helpful advice for families.
According to the National Fire Protection Association's "Fast Facts About Fires":
- One home structure fire was reported every 85 seconds in 2010.
- Only one-third of Americans have both developed and practiced a home fire escape plan.
- Cooking has been the leading cause of reported home fires and home injuries since 1990.
- Sleep was a factor in two out of every five home smoking material fire deaths. Possible alcohol impairment was reported in 1/4 of these deaths.
- Half of home electrical fires involved electrical distribution or lighting equipment. Other leading types of equipment were washers or dryers, fans, portable or stationary space heaters, air conditioning equipment, water heaters, and range.
Find out why J. Edward Knight Insurance has one of the most outstanding reputations!
The phone numbers for our Rockland office are:
Tel: (207)-594-8823 | Toll Free: (888)-594-8823