St. George Days schedule of events
St. George Days is a three-day summer celebration with family activities including a parade, dancing, lobster dinner and fireworks over Tenants Harbor. The schedule includes:
Friday, July 20
• 5 to 8 p.m.: 10th annual Artists of St. George Art Show — IOOF Hall.
• 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.: Street Dance — live band Rhythm Kings performs; and Antique Car Rally. At St. George Elementary School parking lot.
Saturday, July 21
• 7 to 9:30 a.m.: Trekkers Pancake Breakfast at the St. George Town Hall; pancakes, sausage, fruit, juice and coffee for $6. All proceeds benefit Trekkers’ outdoor-based youth mentoring programs.
• 8:25 a.m.: Half-mile fun run for kids.
• 8:30 a.m.: Marshall Point 5K Lighthouse Loop.
• 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.: Jackson Memorial Library Book Fair.
• 11 a.m.: Main Street parade.
Following the parade, behind the town office, Celebrity Dunk Tank Challenge featuring:
11:45 a.m.: Paul Leparulo: basketball coach and referee
12:05 p.m.: Tracy Leavitt: softball and T-ball coach
12:25 p.m.: Ben Caron: Oceanside HS student, coach and umpire
12:45 p.m.: Dawn Gauthier: softball coach, owner of Ponderosa Playland Childcare
1:05 p.m.: John Snow: chairman, St. George Select Board
1:25 p.m.: Cindy Hall: Owner of Superior Bait & Salt
1:45 p.m.: Craig Gauthier: umpire, owner of Ponderosa Motor Services
3 p.m.: Pick-up Buoy Ball game at the town landing ball field (open to all — no gloves needed)
• 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.: Annual Firemen’s Association Lobster Dinner.
• After parade: Visit the Historical Society Schoolhouse Museum. Also: Dunk Tank Challenge Buoy Ball Game and children’s activities sponsored by Harmony Baptist Church.
• Dusk: Fireworks over Tenants Harbor.
Sunday, July 22, Family Fun Field Day — St. George Big Ball Field, Route 131
• 10 a.m.: Free nostalgic games of outdoor fun.
• 10 a.m. to noon: Free Gifford’s Ice Cream‘s Speed Pitching Machine (prizes).
• 11 a.m.: A co-ed softball game — Little League players vs. the adults.
• 1 p.m.: Home run derby for kids.
• 2 p.m.: Home run derby for adults.
• 3 p.m. (or whenever the home run derby ends): Pick-up co-ed softball game.
Courier Publications news staff can be reached by phone at 207-594-4401 or by email at email@example.com.