Schedule of events for Thomaston's Fourth festivities
THOMASTON — Events on Wednesday, July 4 start early with a pancake breakfast at the Masonic Hall and include races, craft tent, pet show, parade, chicken barbecue, food and vendor booths, free dunk tank, games for kids, bouncy houses, horseshoe tournament, musical entertainment, and end with a grand fireworks finale. Many activities are behind the Business Block.
• 7 a.m.: Pancake breakfast served in the Masonic Temple on Main Street.
• 7:30 a.m.: Kids' Fun Race & Adults' Firecracker Race sign-up for the races will be on Beechwood Street by Route 1. Free entry for kids under age 12 and T-shirt prizes. Adult entry fee is $10, includes T-shirt. Contact race organizers Lynn and Bob Snow at 354-0416 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• 8 a.m.: Kids Fun Race will begin on Beechwood Street. Race sponsored by Pik-Qwik.
• 8:30 a.m.: Adults' 5K Firecracker Race starts on Beechwood Street. Race sponsored by Pik-Qwik.
• 9 a.m.: Craft Tent open until 4 p.m., located behind the Masonic Temple building.
• 9:05 a.m.: Parade staging by the town cemetery. The theme is "Once Upon a Time...". For a parade application, email Julie Russo at email@example.com or visit thomastonmaine4thofjuly.com.
• 9:15 a.m.: Pet Show will be located behind the Thomaston Business Block, in front of Lura Libby School.
• 11 a.m.: Fourth of July Parade.
• 12 p.m.: After the parade — Opening Ceremony with local elected dignitaries, singing of the National Anthem, introduction of marshal and Mr. and Ms. 4th of July.
• 12 p.m.: All booths open — large variety of food, souvenirs. Glow-in-the-dark jewelry goes on sale at 4th of July Committee booth before fireworks.
• 12 p.m.: Chicken Barbecue will be located behind the Business Block until sold out.
• 12 p.m.: Dunk Tank, located behind the Thomaston Business Block. Sponsored by Fabian Oil.
• 12 p.m.: Children's Booths.
• 12 p.m.: Raffle tickets go on sale.
• 12 p.m.: Two bouncy houses for children. Sponsored by Lyman Morse Boatbuilding.
• 12:30 p.m.: Freeze Frame performs.
• 1 p.m.: Cod Adams Memorial Horseshoe Tournament, behind the Business Block on Lura Libby School field.
• 5 p.m.: Creatures of Habit plays to 9 p.m., leading up to the fireworks finale.
• 6 p.m.: Raffle winners announced.
• 9:15 p.m.: Fireworks. In the event of rain the fireworks will be rescheduled to July 5.
Courier Publications news staff can be reached by phone at 207-594-4401 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.