RSU 13 budget vote set for May 27
Rockland — Voters in the six towns that send their students to Regional School Unit 13 will decide on a $27.1 million budget at a regional budget meeting May 27.
The meeting and vote will be held at 6 p.m. at Oceanside High School East. The budget will then be ratified at the polls Tuesday, June 10.
The district cut several positions and approved a spending package that is approximately $123,000 less than this year, but taxpayers will see a 4 percent increase because of less-than-anticipated revenues in carryover and a decreased amount expected in state subsidy.
The breakdown, by town, is as follows:
- Rockland, $8 million, up 4.79 percent
- St. George, $4.4 million, up 6.83 percent
- Thomaston, $3.4 million, up 4.93 percent
- Cushing, $2.7 million, up 6.1 percent
- South Thomaston, $2.59 million, up 1.55 percent
- Owls Head, $2.48 million, down 3.28 percent
Courier Publications Copy Editor Kim Lincoln can be reached at 594-4401 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.