Pen Bay Healthcare: What's Open, What's Closed For Christmas and New Year's
Pen Bay Healthcare would like to inform the public about upcoming holiday hours.
The hospital is always open, including the Emergency Department and specialists are on call for the holidays. Additionally, individual, non-emergency departments are maintaining holiday hours.
The Pen Bay Medical Center pharmacy is open every day, including all holidays, 7 a.m. to 10:30 p.m., to fill prescriptions for discharged patients.
Kno-Wal-Lin’s offices are closed December 25-26 and January 1, 2013. Necessary home visits are always made on these days and there is always a nurse on-call for homecare and for hospice 24/7.
The outpatient lab at Pen Bay Medical Center will be closed on December 25 and January 1, 2013 and open on all other days for their normal operating hours.
This is important information for outpatients who have lab tests requiring a blood draw.
The radiology department will be closed to routine outpatients on December 25 and January 1, 2013, but will be open for emergencies and hospital inpatients.
Knox Center for Long Term Care and Quarry Hill are always open to visitors. Visiting Hours at Pen Bay Medical Center: As usual, please call the hospital switchboard at 596-8000 for visiting hours for individual hospital units.
Pen Bay Doctor's offices are closed on Christmas Day, December 25 and New Year's Day, January 1. Please reference this list for the additional status of particular offices or departments during the holidays.
Closed Monday, December 24 and Tuesday, January 1, 2013:
• Rockport Family Medicine
• Pen Bay Internal Medicine
• Pen Bay Neurology
• Pen Bay Orthopaedics
• Pen Bay Pediatrics (open for urgent visits)
• Pen Bay Women's Health
• Pen Bay Urology & Nephrology
• Waldoboro Family Medicine (call 790-2620 for urgent visits)
• Parker Chamberlain, MD
• Charles Kava, DO
• Robert Laurence, MD
• Robert Merrill, MD (open Dec. 24, closed Jan. 1)
Open Monday, December 24:
• Cancer Care Center (8 a.m. – noon)
• Pen Bay Family Medicine (8 a.m.- 2 p.m.)
• Pen Bay Outpatient Lab (7 a.m.-5:30 p.m.)
• Pen Bay Radiology
• Pen Bay Surgery (open until noon)
• Robert Merrill, MD (8 a.m. – noon)
- Pen Bay Healthcare6 Glen Cove DrivePhone: 207-596-8000 hospital switchboard - connecting all departments
Rockport, ME 04856