Pen Bay Diabetes and Nutrition Care - Nutrition Check-Up Classes
|Sep 06, 2012|
|2:00 PM - 4:00 PM|
Pen Bay Diabetes and Nutrition Care Center provides both nutritional counseling for a wide variety of medical conditions and diabetes education in individual or group settings.
Learn about the diabetes education classes available after you complete your one-on-one diabetes consults. Call to speak to a Registered Dietitian or Diabetes Nurse Educator at 390-4790.
Topics in the Nutrition Check-Up class include:
- Basic review of carbohydrate counting
- Beyond carbohydrates, what affects blood sugar and your weight, and what should you eat to stay healthy?
- What role does the glycemic index play in diabetes?
- How does your diet compare to what you need?
- What foods are good or bad for your heart?
- Do you need a supplement? If so, what and how much?
Class dates (a consultation is required before attending a class):
- February 2, 2012
- April 5, 2012
- June 7, 2012
- September 6, 2012
- November 1, 2012
Classes meet at Kno-Wal-Lin Home Care and Hospice, 170 Pleasant St., Rockland, 04841.
For more information, visit pbmc.org/diabetes.
|Apr 05, 2012 : 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM|
|Jun 07, 2012 : 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM|
|Sep 06, 2012 : 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM|
|Nov 01, 2012 : 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM|