Pen Bay Diabetes and Nutrition Care Center - Survival Skills Class
|Oct 04, 2012|
|2:00 PM - 4:00 PM|
Pen Bay Diabetes and Nutrition Care Center provides both nutritional counseling for a wide variety of medical conditions and diabetes education in individual or group settings.
Learn about the diabetes education classes available after you complete your one-on-one diabetes consults. Call to speak to a Registered Dietitian or Diabetes Nurse Educator at 390-4790.
In the Survival Skills class, you will learn:
- Practical advice on more efficient and accurate blood sugar testing.
- Diabetes Medications - How do the various pills, insulin, and other medications work, when are they needed, and how best to take them.
- How to prevent long term complications including blindness, heart attack, stroke, kidney disease, nerve damage, amputation.
- What to do when you are sick.
- How to prevent and treat low blood sugar.
- How to cope with this chronic disease.
- When to know to call the doctor.
Class dates (a consultation and assessment is required before attending a class):
January 5, 2012
March 1, 2012
May 3, 2012
August 2, 2012
Oct 4, 2012
December 6, 2012
Classes meet at Kno-Wal-Lin Home Care and Hospice, 170 Pleasant St., Rockland, 04841.
For more information, visit pbmc.org/diabetes.
|Mar 01, 2012 : 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM|
|May 03, 2012 : 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM|
|Aug 02, 2012 : 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM|
|Oct 04, 2012 : 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM|
|Dec 06, 2012 : 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM|