Paula Sutton: her views on Maine and her candidacy.
In Maine we recognize the value of good neighbors, we look out for one another in good times and bad, we respect our neighbor’s choices even if we don’t always agree, and we do not violate their trust and friendship.
My name is Paula G. Sutton, your neighbor and a third generation Mainer. I’m writing to you personally today because I’m running to represent you in the Maine State Senate for District 12 and wish to share with you about myself in hopes of earning your trust and support.
I live in Warren with my husband Kerin and our dog Max. We have raised two girls who are now grown with families of their own. I love living in Maine, surrounded by all its natural beauty, where I enjoy visiting with friends, gardening, hiking, kayaking and cross-country skiing.
I have a diverse and extensive small-business background. I’ve been the proprietor of two local restaurants, have bought, renovated and sold real estate properties, and was a principal in a wholesale seafood business. I’ve also served as the deputy Registrar for the town of Warren. All of my endeavors have taught me valuable lessons that are much needed in Augusta. I want to take my experience and my neighborly spirit to the State Senate to represent you.
- Our businesses need less regulation and taxation so they can be successful and create more, better paying jobs.
- Caring for our retired, elderly and vulnerable folks must be a high priority.
- Resource-based decision-making and local control is vital.
- The “borrow and spend” cycle of generational theft must be stopped.
- The wasting of hard-earned taxpayer dollars must not be tolerated.
With your help, I will take my skills to Augusta and approach the political landscape with a fresh perspective, scouting for opportunities to promote the responsible use of your taxpayer dollars.
To see more visit: