Mother Nature wipes Dec. 17 hoop slate cleanAll eight varsity games on schedule postponed
Mother Nature, as she typically does throughout the winter, has thrown a wrench into the plans of those planning to play in and attend sporting events throughout the Midcoast on Tuesday night, Dec. 17.
While the sun shone and the skies were relatively clear around noon, that scenario apparently was deceiving.
According to Weather.com, roughly 6-9 inches of snow is expected in the Belfast and Rockland areas by day's end.
There were eight high school varsity games on the slate throughout Knox, Waldo and part of Lincoln counties for Dec. 17 and now there are none as the Midcoast prepares for its second significant snowfall in four days.
The following is a list of postponed games, with makeup dates included if available:
• Oceanside boys basketball at Belfast, postponed to Wednesday, Dec. 18 at 6:30 p.m.
• Belfast girls basketball at Oceanside, postponed to Wednesday, Dec. 18 at 6:30 p.m.
• Camden Hills boys basketball at Maranacook of Readfield, postponed to Wednesday, Dec. 18 at 6:30 p.m.
• Maranacook girls basketball at Camden Hills, postponed to Wednesday, Dec. 18 at 7 p.m.
• Searsport boys basketball at Penobscot Valley, postponed.
• Penobscot Valley girls basketball at Searsport, postponed.
• Medomak Valley boys basketball at Lincoln Academy, postponed to Thursday, Jan. 2 at 6:30 p.m.
• Medomak Valley girls basketball at Lincoln Academy, postponed to Thursday, Jan. 2 at 5 p.m.