Merryspring Kitchen Tour set for Aug. 7
The Merryspring Kitchen Tour will take place Wednesday, Aug. 7, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. The tour features eight home kitchens with tastings from local chefs at every stop. Merryspring Nature Center invites everyone to its major fundraiser of the year.
This year’s Kitchen Tour is sponsored by EBS Style Solutions of Camden and co-sponsored by Bangor Savings Bank of Belfast, Rockport and Rockland.
The 2013 Kitchen Tour features the following homeowners and chefs:
1. Linda and Chris Pearse, The Pearse Family Farm, Hope, with Hatchet Mountain Publick House, Hope, in the morning and the Inn at Sunrise Point, Lincolnville, in the afternoon.
2. Brooks Crane and Weber Roberts, Hope, with Blue Sky Cantina, Rockport, and Conscious Kitchen, Camden, in the afternoon.
3. David Dickey, Red Chimneys, Camden, with 40 Paper, Camden, in the morning and French & Brawn, Camden, in the afternoon. Raffle at this stop — win a dinner at Francine Bistro, Camden, or Shepherd's Pie, Rockport.
4. Bettina Doulton, Camden, with Hartstone Inn, Camden, in the morning and Megunticook Market, Camden, in the afternoon.
5. Maureen and Rick Morse, Rockport, with Laura Cabot Catering, Waldoboro, in the morning and Cappy's Bakery, Camden, in the afternoon. Door prize at this stop — win a basket of Stonewall Kitchen gourmet foods.
6. Marjorie and Bill Bell, Rockport, with Starlight Custom Cakes, Rockport, in the morning and Cafe Miranda, Rockland, in the afternoon.
7. Donna and Greg Knowlton, Rockport, with FOG, Rockland, in the morning and Vincent's at the Whitehall Inn, Camden, in the afternoon.
8. Marybeth and Steve Pullum, Rockport, with The Market Basket, Rockport, in the morning and The Highlands Coffee House, Thomaston, in the afternoon.
Save plenty of time to visit all the kitchens, but go in any order and at your own pace.
Tickets purchased before the day of the tour are $25 for the whole day. On the day of the tour, a ticket may be purchased for $35 at any of the kitchens, or at Merryspring Nature Center on Conway Road, Camden. A ticket for an individual kitchen is $10.
Advance tickets are available at Merryspring or any of the following locations from July 23 through Aug. 6: Camden — Surroundings, Once a Tree, Party Fundamentals, Stonewall Kitchen; Rockport — The Market Basket; Rockland — Atlantic Baking Company; Hope — Hope General Store; Thomaston — The Highlands Coffee House; Belfast — The Good Table; Wiscasset — Treats. Advance tickets are also available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 236-2239. Tickets will be held at Merryspring for pick-up the day of the tour.
All proceeds from the Kitchen Tour support Merryspring Nature Center, a nonprofit park and education center in Camden and Rockport. For further information about the Kitchen Tour, call Merryspring at 236-2239 or go to merryspring.org.