LOCAL INDEPENDENT SCHOOLS TO HOST ANNUAL OPEN HOUSE EVENT ON April 5, 2014
Finding the right school for a child can often be a difficult and time consuming process. With a variety of choices and too little time to gather the necessary information, it can sometimes be a challenge to find the right program to fit your child’s needs. With this in mind, the local Independent Schools Association of Midcoast Maine will host its Annual Open House event on Saturday, April 5th, with the nine participating schools hodling open houses at the same time, from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., in an effort to make this process more convenient for parents.
Each of the participating schools offers something unique for students. While they may differ in teaching philosophies and in age groups served, the schools work cooperatively to provide a wide range of options and environments for families with children from preschool to high school age. Families are encouraged to take advantage of this Open House and explore the different schools in order to choose the method and environment that best suits their individual child.
The nine schools participating in this year’s Annual ISAMM Open House include:
· Ashwood Waldorf School (offering parent/child classes and serving children from preschool through 8th grade); contact: Jody Spanglet, (207) 236-8021 firstname.lastname@example.org, www.ashwoodwaldorf.org
· Peopleplace Cooperative Preschool (A Reggio Emilia inspired family cooperative serving children ages 18 months to 5 years); contact: Sessa Salas, (207) 236-4225 email@example.com, www.peopleplacecoop.org
· Riley School (serving children ages 4-14 years); contact: Rebecca Clapp, (207) 596-6405 firstname.lastname@example.org
· Seton School and Institute (K-8 Day Treatment School and Psychoeducational Evaluation & Learning Center); contact: Jennifer Fore, (207) 236-3319 email@example.com, www.setonschoolmaine.org
· Spindlewood Waldorf Kindergarten and LifeWays Center (Morning and Full Day Programs for 3-6 year olds); contact: Susan Silverio, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.spindlewoodmaine.com, Elisa Olds (207) 992-7312
· Stepping With The Stones (serving preschool and kindergarten children, ages 2-6, along with Early and After Care); contact: Founder and Administrator Jerry Stone, (207) 236-4600 email@example.com
· Watershed School (an independent high school); contact: Will Galloway, (207) 230-7341
While September may seem far away, most of the independent schools are taking applications now. Since available spaces fill up fast, this is the perfect opportunity to see some great schools, get some great information, and find the right fit for your child today.
The Independent Schools Association of Midcoast Maine was started in Maine in 1985 under the name of the Independent School’s Association for Young Children (ISA) and is unique in the state of Maine as a support system providing the option of independent schools for all families and supporting them in the active search for the right educational environment for their children.
For more information about the ISAMM Open House, please contact any of the participating schools directly.