Knox-Lincoln Spring Plant Sale & Fair
|Farigrounds Lane, Union, ME|
|May 03, 2014|
|9:00 AM - 2:00 PM|
Knox-Lincoln Soil & Water Conservation District Plant Sale offers bareroot fruit trees and berries; conifers; native and native-friendly trees and shrubs for landscaping, wildlife, and conservation, as well as Maine-grown native perennials and herbs from Rebel Hill Farm at great prices.
This year we have 44 new varieties, lots more cash & carry perennials on Saturday, and new exhibitors for the Saturday Fair:
- Terra Optima Farm Market will hold a bake - and more - sale
- Thomaston Grammar School 5th grade will sell seedlings to benefit their school garden
- Hidden Valley Nature Center will be on hand Sat & Sun with bluebird nestbox kits for sale and picnic tables and garden benches for pre-order, all made with SFC certified wood harvested from their sustainable forestry project.
- Knox-Lincoln SWCD will have compost bins and rain barrels for pre-order at wholesale prices.
- Take home guides on plant care
- and more...
Have questions about pruning, pollinators or perennials? "Ask the Experts":
- 9-2 - Knox-Lincoln Beekeepers Association
- 10 am - Fruit Tree Pruning with Chery Denz of Terra Optima Farm
- 11:30 am - Perennial Picks with Pete Beckford, Rebel Hill Farm
See our plant list at www.knox-lincoln.org/2014-plant-sale-catalog/ - and don't miss out!
Sale continues on Sunday, May 4 from 10 -1.