Kitchen tour supports Merryspring
The Merryspring Kitchen Tour will take place Wednesday, Aug. 1 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. The tour features eight beautiful home kitchens with a gourmet tasting from a local chef at every stop. The 2012 kitchen tour is sponsored by EBS Style Solutions of Camden, and co-sponsored by Bangor Savings Bank.
The Merryspring Kitchen Tour features these homeowners and chefs:
1. Barbara and Leon Bausch, Rockport, with Starlight Custom Cakes, Rockport (a.m.) and Hartstone Inn, Camden (p.m.)
2. Lorraine and Philip Streat, Rockport, with Conscious Kitchen, Camden (a.m.) and Fromviandoux, Camden (p.m.)
3. Kathrin and Richard Anderson, Rockport, with Atlantica, Camden (a.m.), and French and Brawn, Camden (p.m.)
4. Hannah Demmons, Rockport, with Café Mediterranean, Camden (a.m.) and The Slipway, Thomaston (p.m.)
5. Madeleine Houston and Daniel Hauptman, Donald and Deborah Dodge, and Ruth and David Dodge, Rockport, with Amalfi on the Water, Rockland (a.m.) and Laura Cabot Catering, Waldoboro (p.m.)
Also a special tasting at EBS Style Solutions, Camden, FIORE Artisan Olive Oils and Vinegars (10 a.m. to 2 p.m.) Raffle at this stop — win a dinner at Francine Bistro, Camden, or Shepherd’s Pie, Rockport. Bottled water and restrooms are also available.
6. Jane and Joel Lafleur, Camden, with 40 Paper, Camden (a.m.) and Café Miranda, Rockland (p.m.)
7. Carol and Burt Keenan, Camden, with Primo, Rockland (a.m.) and The Market Basket, Rockport (p.m.)
8. Conway House, Camden, with Sandy Oliver, food writer and historian, Islesboro (all day). Door prize at this stop — win a basket of gourmet foods from Stonewall Kitchen. Book signing by Sandy Oliver. Museum open free of charge, exclusively for tour-goers.
Allot plenty of time to visit all the kitchens, but go in any order. Ticket prices in advance are $25. On the day of the tour, tickets cost $30 at any of the kitchens or at Merryspring Nature Center on Conway Road, Camden. A ticket for an individual kitchen is $10. To purchase a $25 ticket in advance, stop in at Merryspring or any of these locations through Tuesday, July 31: Camden: Once a Tree, Party Fundamentals, Stonewall Kitchen, The Well Tempered Kitchen; Rockport: The Market Basket; Rockland: Atlantic Baking Company; Lincolnville: Dot’s Market; Belfast: The Good Table; Wiscasset: Treats. Advance tickets are also available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 236-2239. Tickets will be held at Merryspring for pick-up the day of the tour.
All proceeds from the kitchen tour support Merryspring Nature Center, a not-for-profit park and education center in Camden/Rockport, with 66 acres of nature trails and gardens open free of charge to the public every day, and a year-round program of talks, classes and workshops. For more information call Merryspring at 236-2239 or visit merryspring.org.
Courier Publications news staff can be reached by phone at 207-594-4401 or by email at email@example.com.